I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Still Trekking On......

Well I ran/walked tonight and it felt good. I went 3.2 miles and I definately could have made it to four miles but it was already ten o'clock and I needed to get home. I saw my first "sign" tonight that I have seen in a while. When I first started running it felt like while I was running everything took on a more vibrant beauty and I noticed so many little things. But alas as the time went on and my body started to hurt more and my attitude started to wain I noticed less and less spuring me on and giving me inspiration. I am still a little down about the whole thing and Beck I know you know what I am talking about after our conversation today. I am pushing forward though and I am giving it my all that is for sure. It took me forty-five minutes to go three miles basically and that seems like a long time for such a short distance. By the way I thought we were on week two! I was only planning on going six miles this Saturday and I am only on chapter 2. I am going to stick to my plan I think because six miles sounds REALLY daunting I don't even want to think about seven. If it took me forty-five minutes to run three miles it is seriuosly going to take me a long time to go six! Anyway I am still here and running. I think that I am going to blog about this on my main blog because I feel like I need to commit to other people to make me more accountable and feel way more guilty and ashamed if I quit. Hope everyone elses runs went well!

1 comment:

Castiel Moyes said...

Just wanted to add my own comment on this. I calculated at the rate I run/walk it would take me like six hours to complete the marathon. I looked up the average time that people finish the marathons. Apparently I run about as fast a 60+ year old! They were the ones that took 6 hours.HAHAHAHAHA I can't stop laughing about that.

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race