I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

DEATH!!!

So this is face of near death experiences. Isn't it pretty? I am putting this on here because I know that only the people that love me look at this and it is not accessible to others (hopefully). Yesterday I went running. BUT I went running at 3:30 in 102 degree weather. I realized that I wasn't going to get to go running that night because of a kindergarten social we had and then Dustin had basketball. So the baby was asleep and I left Maddy and Josey to watch a movie and just ran around my block so that I was running past my house about every five minutes and could check on them. Well I got about two miles even though I was going to try and go four and this is what I looked like when I staggered back into my house. The picture doesn't do it justice but seriously my face was the same color as my shirt and I am surprised that no one stopped me to ask me if I was okay while I was out there. Anyway I was at the farthest point from my house when I seriously thought I was going to pass out. I started feeling really light headed and I think that I was getting heat stroke. I get REALLY hot when I run anyway but with it being hot outside it was death! I had these visions of me passing out and my kids at home alone and I walked home to cool off and sit down. I had to get in a freezing shower for like fifteen minutes to finally cool my body down and even then my face was still really red for a really long time. Anyway that is my commitment to this marathon. I will run in 102 degree weather with the sun beating down on me and risk DYING to get the miles in! What are you risking?

No comments:

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race