I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

the moon, pants falling off, and a big fat slug

Just wanted to update you all that I did my first four mile run tonight and that is the longest I have ran in like nine years. I was able to run most of it too. I only walked about a total of amile intersperced between the running laps. I walked the first lap(1/3 a mile) and then ran the nest 7 laps and then walked the 9th and then ran then nest two and then walked the last lap. AND here is the best part. My ipod ran out of juice on the second lap. Now normally I would have probably stopped and just planned on going on another day when I had my music to run with because I have alwyas felt like I couldn't run without it. BUT I pushed forward and dropped the ipod off in my yard as I ran around and said "Oh Well!" And so I ran the four mile without any music and it really wasn't that bad. I was actually able to think and get lost in my thoughts for a while instead of just thinking "Oh my gosh I want to stop". That in itself is a big breakthrough for me. So I am very proud of myself. I am still wary about going six miles Saturday morning but I am going to do it and see how it goes. OH! by the way it only took me forty-five minutes to run the four miles as well. Don't ask me how I pulled that one off considering it took my forty-five minutes the other day to go three miles. But I was able to run more this time in a row before walking and I am sure that is why. I seriously just wanted to run it so it would be over quicker because I was really tired today. But that also made me feel really good. And another thing I had THREE signs on this run. One: on the third to last lap when I was feeling REALLY tired and just wanted to stop I came around the corner to the biggest yellowist moon that had been hidden behind the clouds up until then. It was so beautiful and really inspiring. Every subsequent lap after that it just kept rising higher and higher and that was really inspiring to me. 2: my running shorts that I normally wear started slipping of my hips and I had to roll them up! That made my run! 3: a HUGE slug. The hugest slug I have ever seen. Now I count this as a sign because Joselyn is obsessed with slugs and LOVES them and we haven't found many all summer. So I picked up this slug (with two leaves of course) and carried it home. I found it on my last cool down lap and I am really glad that I hadn't stepped on it because I had been running that route the whole time. But it made me feel like a good mom for carrying it home for her and putting it in her bug catcher to torture the next day. It reminded me that part of the reason I am doing this marathong is also for my girls. I want to be in shape for them and I want them to know that mommy loves herself and mommy is strong and mommy completes things. Funny how a big fat slug can remind me of all those things but it did.

1 comment:

Castiel Moyes said...

I noticed that I typed marathong and I think that I am going to start calling it a marathong because I want to look good in a marathong when I am through. And marathong has a nice ring to it.

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race