I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Two Blogs: Running and Eclipse

#1: running
I finally made it three miles tonight. I was very proud of myself and it was great. I couldn't run the entire thing as the hills in my neighborhoos are kicking my butt BUT I did and made it a full three miles. I ran up to my church building which is about a mile and a half. I kinda like running though the neighborhood. I am not sure why, maybe it is because I have to imagine that somebody might be looking at me and I don't want to stop running when they are watching OR it might just be a nice change of scenery. I was trying to notice things around me to add to the blog but honestly I was just concentrating on putting one foot in fron of the other and keep going more than anything else. But I did manage to notice a few things. Some will be blogged in the next part of this blog but one that I will add here are the clouds here. Since I took humanities my freshman year in college and was introduced to Monet I have LOVED his work. Something about his paintings just speak to me and I LOVE anything that he creates. I realized as I was running tonight that the clouds here in Oregon look straight out of a Monet painting. They are beautiful. I will try to get a good picture later to show you they are amazing and they are always different. They are beautiful!



#2: Eclipse
I finally finished the book today after neglecting my children and housework all day. But I couldn't stop and I wanted to finish it. I have actually enjoyed this book a lot and I think it has been because I couldn't read it as fast I wanted to becuase of my schedule and it has stretched it out making it more enjoyable for me to anticipate. But I find that after I read her books I get into a slump because I feel so BORED. I all of a sudden want a more exciting life and I want to be Bella and and not be this boring stay at home thirty year old mom. It makes me feel like such a desperate housewife. I started really being depressed about it too making feel like I need to do something to spice up my life. I realized though that I didn't want to meet Edward or meet somebody new that would give me those butterflies she writes about. I just want to meet Dustin again. I want to be 18 again and meet him again and fall in love with him again. Dustin is totally my Edward. I new that I could NOT live without him and there was no way you could keep us apart even when we were not liking each other. It was like this magnet that was so strong we couldn't resist it. After eight years together I still love him and am in love with him but I want to FALL in love with him again. I guess that is wishful thinking because there are no surprises left but I felt better in the fact that I still wanted just him and that he definately gave me my Bella moments. I really liked the book though and I really liked Jacob in the book. Somebody call me so that I can talk about it I am DYING!!!!
I know these aren't good pictures and you kinda have to be there in person but the woods here are SO thick and they remind me so much of the book. These are some of the woods by my house that I ran by today and I had to go back and take a picture to share with you. They are totally the woods that Jacob and Edward hide in. The trees are serioualy intimidating and you cannot see through the thickness.
This is one of the roads I jog down and it totally remids me of the road that Bella lives on. i don't know why but I can just imagine her house on this road. When somebody comes to visit me I will have to show in person the pictures don't do it justice.



No comments:

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race