I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Monday, July 9, 2007

Hello Out There?

Everyone who is still running, post your name and update your progress please! I'm feeling so alone!

Mom?
Sam?
Jess? I have to admit that I haven't ran in a while but I swear it is just one thing after another. About two weeks ago I tried and it went ok but my knees were still bothering me and then I got the nasty strep throat. I am FINALLY feeling better but things are a little hairy with Dustin's countdown to the bar. He takes it in a week and he is REALLY stressed. So basically I am living around his schedule to get all the studying in and I don't really know when he is going to be home. BUT I am going to try and go again this week not today though because it is Josey's birthday and I don't think it is going to happen but maybe if Dustin gets home early enough I will go tommorrow and update how I did. I am proud of you though it sounds like you are doing REALLY well! I don't know if you looked at Alli's email about that half marathon that we can run online together. What do you all think about that?
Katie?
Joan?

* Rebekah: 30+ min w/out stopping = about 7 miles/wk after caring for 4 kids ALL day BY MYSELF one of whom I'm breastfeeding and I'm 32!

* Alli: 30 minutes a day (in 100 degree weather) = about 8-10 miles/wk

1 comment:

Hatchgirls1 said...

Wow Rebekah! That's so great!!! You're awsome!

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race