I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Monday, July 23, 2007

hey everone, alli here. This whole nike ipod thing is AWESOME! you guys have to check it out if you haven't. It really gets me running. the cool thing about it, it that after you run, you plug your ipod into the computer and it immediatly logs your run onto nike.com. it takes you right there. I was afraid it was going to be confusing, but it sooo cool and easy. you look up your runs, and it shows you on a grid your time, pace, everything. you can map runs throughout your neighborhood on the computer, and then you can see exactly how many miles that path is. You can also set challenges for yourself. like i challenged myself that i would run so many miles this week, and you can post it to the public, or keep it private. what would be cool, is if we all had it, we can kinda run together... we can make challenges for us together... like to see how many days it takes us to run a combined 100 miles. we can challenge other runners, or just see how other runners are doing. you can get in on teams too and set goals for yourself. you get rewarded too after running so many miles and things like that. It has really motivated me. my favorite part is your power song you set up on your ipod. if you need some major motivation, all you have to do is press the center button, and it plays your power song. All i have to say, is if you really need some motivation, i would highly recommend this nike + thing. It gets me really excited to run and then put it onto my computer to track. i love setting new goals each week! anyways, love you guys, i know we are all doing our best, i know i need all the help i can get!

1 comment:

Castiel Moyes said...

I am going to see if I can fit it into my budget because I love it and I totally want to do it. I think it would be really helpful for me. I LOVE the power song thing becuase there are times I am losing it but I don't want to stop to figure out where a good a song on my ipod is.

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race