I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hello it's me! I was glad to see a few more posts! I just wanted to share some good news with everyone. I have lost 5 pounds in two weeks and I am NOT dieting! Isn't that exciting. I decided to change only two things. One is obviously the excersize. This is something that I have not been consistent with for the last few years. Anyway so I am consistently excersizing and I decided that I was not going to eat anything after I run or after dinner if I don't go running that day. Dinner is the end of the day for eating. Many times I go brush my teeth so I am not so tempted to eat. Those are the only changes. I told myself that I was not on a diet, I don't want to be on a diet. I can still eat whatever I want and I have made that clear to my pysche. I just hate starting a diet and depriving myself and getting so obsessed with what the scale says and then falling off the bandwagon and not being able to get back with it. So I am not on a diet and I don't know if I will ever go on a diet again. I finally feel like I want to be strong and healthy and not just skinny. This is a real change for me. I still obviously want to be thin and I need to lost weight, BUT it really isn't my number one goal right now. I just want to run this marathon and I want to be healthy and proud of my body, hopefully that will result in weight loss. Obviously it is already resulting in that. So last night it was kinda hard because Maddy had a Dr.'s appt. at five o'clock. I brought sandwiches and stuff for the girls and when we got home everyone ate a little of the Teriyaki chicken I had made but it was pretty much bedtime. So I am debating if I should eat the chicken but I knew I wanted to go running soon because it was getting late and I knew that I would not be able to run very well with a big belly full of chicken. So I had like two bites put the kids to bed and went running. When I came home I packed the chicken away in the fridge went upstairs and brushed my teeth because it was no longer time to eat. I got on the scale this morning and five pounds were gone. It is funny, if I make the excersize a priority, which is what I am trying to do, I don't want to eat so much at dinner because I know it is going to be hard for me to run soon after if I am really full. Anyway it seems to be working. Just thought I would share!

No comments:

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race