I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm a Slab of Marble

I'm being chiseled and sculpted into a marathon machine! Seriously - I initially lost 20 lbs of baby weight but the scale hasn't budged much for about 2 months.... and for the first time IN MY LIFE I don't care! I don't care if I weigh 160 or 140 or 120 - actually, if I weighed 120 I would probably be a little upset because there is no way I could weigh that and still have the muscle and energy I need to run. I love my body! I'm so lucky to be able to run! I can't believe how many years I spent focusing on all my little imperfections and viewing this beautiful gift as "the enemy". I love to eat - I actually eat apples now - you guys know how weird that is for me! I drink water instead of soda at restaurants - I eat whatever I want - as long as it's not too close to the time I need to run.... I had a nasty experience with eating too close to my run last night. Plus it was "only" 4 miles and I wanted to get it over with so I ran a little too fast. As soon as I was done I puked up all my yummy veggies onto the grass in the park... while some teenage boy was sitting on the swing watching. Luckily it was getting dark - but still.... ewe.

3 comments:

Alli said...

thats awesome beck! lately i have been CRAVING sweets... and im usually not like that. i hope it's just that time of month, but i'm getting scared. help me through this!

Hatchgirls1 said...

Eat them! Didn't you read that chapter. Your body needs carbs - otherwise you'll hit "the wall" like I did on the 12 miler

Castiel Moyes said...

That is so awesome Beck. I am so happy for you seriously. I am waiting to see if I am pregnant this week and then I will begin running again. Do you think if I am pregnant I can still run as much as I need to for the half marathon? I am not sure what to do if it comes back positive. I don't not want to do it and I really want to try and stay active during this pregnancy but I am not sure what would be okay for my body. I don't know if running thirteen miles pregnant is good for you. I am probably not pregnant anyway and I won't have to sorry about it but I don't know. By the way my shin splints are almost completely gone. YEAH!

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race