I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Thursday, July 5, 2007

i almost died today

the funniest thing ever happened to me this morning! Tanner and I have been staying at his grandparents since they're out of town, and they happen to have a little room off the side of their kitchen that has a tv and a treadmill. PERFECT. The only thing that stinks is that this room doesn't get any of the air conditioning, so it's always like 100 degrees inside. Anyways, I woke up early this morning to go for a run on the treadmill (I usually go outside, but tanner was home, and he doesn't like me to run outside... i usually have to sneak it! haha) i went into the little room and the door closed behind me and i ran for about 20 minutes and then needed to take a potty break. i thought i was going to pee my pants. I go to the door, and I am locked inside. I go to the other door, LOCKED, i go to the other door, LOCKED! all three doors to the outside world are locked from the outside. This room remember, is 100 degrees, AND i have to pee my pants.. BAD. I YELLED for tanner, banged on the windows, doors, walls, turned the tv up full blast. But Tanner was all the way in the basement sleeping. I was locked inside this little heat box for 20 MINUTES, yelling at the top of my lungs... HELP!!!! TAAANNNEEERRR!!! HEEELP! Finally he makes it to the door, and was like "I was wondering what all that banging was..." The funny thing about this story was that I had to go to the bathroom even BEFORE i went running, so imagine the pain I was in after 45 minutes of still needing to go. I was actually starting to look for something to go to the bathroom in. Yes, I am telling the truth. I had to go THAT bad. ok.... i guess i will tell you guys the truth, it wasn't just pee. So that was my ordeal with trying to do the right thing by waking up early and getting in a run. and look what happened. just wanted to share that with all of you. i thought it might give yuou a good laugh. oh, the things that happen to me on a daily basis.... i should write a book. Love you all, and hope your runs go a little smoother.

3 comments:

Hatchgirls1 said...

That's why you should always carry diapers - even if you don't have any kids yet! They really come in handy for mopping up spills in the car or soaking up anything else that needs soaking on the freeway in traffic - no bathroom - get it?!

Castiel Moyes said...

I was actually going to add the same comment Becky seeing as I have witnessed first hand the convenience of diapers in traffic.

Alli said...

you guys are sick. but another plus about having babies.... diapers in reach in case of emergency

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race