I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

CHA CHA CHA CHANGES!


That's right! Since I've been exercising I'm regular as rain... or actually regular as 100 degree weather here in Sac! You all know what a big deal that is for a once every two weeker! I just feel sooo good! For the first time in a really long time I'm becoming friends with my body instead of feeling like it's the enemy. I feel so lucky to have legs (and especially knees) that work; that I have a strong heart and strong lungs. It makes me cry when I think about how long I treated my beautiful, capable body with such disdain, when all it really needed was some positive reinforcement. This marathon training is still so young, but it has changed me so much already. I've thrown out a pair of stilettos, my suppositories... and who knows what's next! The scale or maybe even the diet coke! (okay Rebekah... baby steps!) I have some baby weight to lose, but I have to say that getting on the scale and seeing I've lost a pound pales in comparison to the feeling I get after running.; the feeling I get knowing I'm getting healthier and stronger! I'm winning my war against the scale!

2 comments:

Castiel Moyes said...

Beck I really am proud of you and you are inspirational to me. I cried reading your blog. I love you so much!

Alli said...

i'm so proud beck! but next time you throw out a pair of shoes... i'll give you my address. haha. jk. mom thinks i'm crazy, but i don't have a scale at home.. even though i can tell how i weigh by my pant size, but, it is nice not to have to be obssesed with how much i weigh. i just know when i feel good, and when i feel like crap. it's better than obssessing over a stupiod number

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race