I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

If I can do it anyone can!

I am not a runner by nature. I actually hated running for most of my life. But, after Caitlyn's joyous arrival followed by the arrival of cellulite on my 24 yr old thighs, I bought a new pair of running shoes and became a runner. No on spring nights like tonight the 55 degree twighight on empty streets calls to me and I long to be one with the road again. With no whinning baby and husband in my ear, just the pitter pater of my own feet and visions of a Heidi Klum body dancing in my head.
I am so sad that I can't run the marathon with you. (25 weeks pregnant and hating it!!) But, when I am ready in the spring to run Marathon #2 maybe you will be ready to do it again. Here are my tips for training. I will dig out my book an d start blogging my journal entries for the coresponding weeks of your training schdulle. Just so you know you're not the only one who thought they were going to DIE!

Missy's Marathon Training tips

1. Read the book "Running with Angels"
2. Buy the book "the non-runners marathon trainer" This is now your BIBLE
3. Don't drink water during runs....drink gatorade. (the Rain lime and berry flavors were my fav)Forget about the calories.....you won't get past the eight miler if you don't drink some form of sodium and glucose. Hide bottles of it along the way. And try not to get too pissed when someone steals your fuel from the bushes.
4. Once you start running 10 miles or more....eat half a granola bar (preferably with nuts) half way through your run.
5. Stretch....or you'll get injured before you get to running 10 miles
6. Don't underestimate the power of a good mantra .....this was mine...it's still on my mirror.
"I am a marathoner. I LOVE to run. I am strong. I am beautiful. With Gods help I can do anything. I am not a quitter. I will not stop. I will always finish." Happy chanting.
7. You will encounter blood, sweat and tears. Expect them, and run anyway.
8. Visualize the finish line. You will cross it.
9. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't....especially yourself.
10. Buy your shoes 1-2 sizes too big. Your feet swell when you run. You should feel barefoot in your running shoes. Don't tighten your laces except for the last two set of holes. It feels wierd but it works.
11. Go to a running store and have them watch you run to make sure you have the right shoes. Its humiliating but worth it.
12. The running goo is disgusting. No flavor except cola is bearable. Stick to the "sport jelly beans" by jelly belly. I only really used these on 18 milers and the marathon. Otherwise granola bars and fruit leathers were my staple refuel.
13. Copy your running schedulle and post them at least 3 places in your house. (one on the fridge to fight off the midnight munchies) Then you get to mark off your run 3 times instead of one. It feels so good!! (and your husband finally will see how far you are running and be amazed without you even telling him)

I am sure I will think of more....I love you guys.....I laughed my guts out at your pictures. Pretty sure I won't be posting pictures of my pregnant body any time soon.

9 comments:

Hatchgirls1 said...

I love your tips Meliss! I so wish you were running with us! You're a Francis too, you know! Love you!

Castiel Moyes said...

Those were good tips. I didn't think about hiding gatorade along the way, I like that one. You are our inspiration for this Missy so know that you are apart of this even if you can't run it with us.

Alli said...

have i turned into a sap or what, becuase i cry every time each of you write something on this blog! thanks for all the motivation! i love and miss you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi

This is actually for the women searching to get free of thigh cellulite,

Getting rid of thigh cellulite is actually definitely not hard if you understand what exactly you have to do. You should not spend your hard earn money on all sorts of products lotions and skin gels. many of them can assist you to minimize the appearance of cellulite following few months, nevertheless it is not going to manage cellulite, only way to control cellulite appearance is simply just by a few easy exercise, one of this most efficient exercises is shown on this video clip.


[url=http://www.cellulite-end.com/exercises-for-thigh-cellulite]Get rid of Thigh cellulite [/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello there

This is actually for the ladies wanting to get free of thigh cellulite, Getting clear of thigh cellulite is usually not challenging if you

recognize just precisely what you require to do. You should not spend your hard earn dollars on all kinds of products lotions and skin gels. several of them may support you to decrease the look of cellulite following few months, nevertheless it won't control cellulite, only method to manage cellulite look and feel is simply by a few straightforward work out, one of the actual most useful exercises is found on the video tutorial.

[b][url=http://ezinearticles.com/?Best-Cures-and-Remedies-to-Get-Rid-of-Cellulite&id=4406827]Best Cure For Thigh Cellulite [/url][/b]

Anonymous said...

Hi,

If perhaps you are a female which depressed form cellulite,In case you already have been using each and every type of product under the sun and yet have not even found results you should have you might imagine that getting clear of cellulite is very difficult. You can not be a lot more further from the real truth, If you are hunting for a magic gel you might have figured out that there is simply no such a thing, The most effective way to help reduce cellulite and maintain them from emerging back can be just by undertaking few Proven activities for about 20 mitutes a day that greatly reduce cellulite, tone and firm your thighs.

If you want to Learn a proven method. The following is going to be the Best cure for thigh cellulite.

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

Seriously any one know where i might uncover some excellent knowledge about just how to get free of cellulite? I located this internet site, They state to have got some very good information, i am still not really positive about just what to do,

Cellulite on my legs look seriously terrible, i used some ointment for about 3 months but no reliable results, If any 1 know any website or a solution better as compared to this 1 in that web-site please let me know,

If not i might have to see about there product,

[b] [url=http://www.cellulite-end.com]www.Cellulite-end.com [/url][/b]

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Seriously any one discover where i might find some beneficial information regarding just how to get clear of cellulite? I found this specific web page, They claim to have got some very good details, i am still not really confident about just what to do,

Cellulite on my thighs and leg seem really terrible, i applied some cream for about a few months still no reliable results, If any 1 discover any website or a product or service greater compared to this one in this website wish you let me know,

If not i could have to look at related to there system,

[b] [url=http://www.cellulite-end.com]www.Cellulite-end.com [/url][/b]

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

Seriously any 1 know exactly where i will be able to find some very good knowledge concerning how to get rid of cellulite? I seen the following site, They promise to have got some very good information, i am still certainly not positive about what to do,

Cellulite on my thighs appear seriously awful, i used some ointment for about 3 months however no good outcome, If perhaps any one know any web site or a product superior compared to this one in this particular web-site please let me know,

If not i may have to look at related to there products,

[b] [url=http://www.cellulite-end.com]www.Cellulite-end.com [/url][/b]

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race