I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

skinny minny

So since this is our blog about our accomplishments. I thought I would take this forum to blog about my weight loss. Hopefully it will keep me going and inspired and accountable to you all! So I started Weight Watchers with two friends in my ward here about five weeks ago. My friend works for Weight Watchers and so I don't have to pay to go to the meetings or for any of the materials. We just meet at her house on Friday mornings and she weighs us in on her Weight Watchers scale and then we get the next weeks information etc. It is AWESOME! Of course I am the one that needs to lose the most weight but I am over it. So as of today I have lost 15 and a half pounds! I was so excited to get on the scale this morning and see that number! My goal was to have lost fifty pounds by our race in June and so far it seems that that goal is within reach. I have about 35 pounds left! I am not as brave as Becky to get in a bikini and jump on my trampoline for my before pictures BUT maybe when I reach my goal weight I will post a picture of me in a bathing suit.....probably still not jumping on a trampoline. Anyone else who feels that they need to lose a few pounds (even though I don't think any of my sisters, that includes you Missy, need to lose a pound, but we all feel differently about our bodies) feel free to blog about it as well. It will keep me motivated! Mom I know that you are doing this as well so you can chime in too!

2 comments:

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Jes,
that is sooooo awesome. I am so proud of you. I keep telling myself "ill go ona diet on monday" You can be my inspiration. You can do it!!

Alli said...

that's awesome jess!! i can't wait to see you in a bathing suit! haha

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race