I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Here is the distance chart! Call your dibs!

Ok DON'T FREAK OUT!! We CAN and WILL do this. I jut wanted you to get a feel for how this is going to go. You have to pick one set of 3 legs. NO SWAPPING ALLOWED! If you get injured...someone on your team has to run them for you. So......this is what we are looking at! Take a deep breath and say....OH YES I CAN!

Runner 1st Leg 2nd Leg 3rd Leg Total
15.1 miles | Easy7.8 miles | Hard5.6 miles | Hard18.5 miles
26.7 miles | Hard3 miles | Easy5.3 miles | Hard15 miles
35.6 miles | Moderate4.9 miles | Easy5.1 miles | Moderate15.6 miles
45.1 miles | Moderate3.1 miles | Easy5 miles | Hard13.2 miles
57.4 miles | Very Hard5.4 miles | Moderate4.1 miles | Moderate16.9 miles
66.9 miles | Very Hard5.6 miles | Hard3.6 miles | Easy16.1 miles
74.1 miles | Easy3.9 miles | Moderate4.1 miles | Easy12.1 miles
83.3 miles | Easy7 miles | Moderate6.1 miles | Moderate16.4 miles
93.1 miles | Easy6.2 miles | Moderate3.6 miles | Very Hard12.9 miles
103.9 miles | Easy6.4 miles | Moderate4 miles | Very Hard14.3 miles
113.8 miles | Hard4.6 miles | Moderate3.1 miles | Hard11.5 miles
123.9 miles | Very Hard5.2 miles | Moderate4.4 miles | Easy13.5 miles

Runners 1-6 will be in Car 1 and 6-12 will be in car #2 so keep that in mind !
Easy to very hard is based on the "grade" (uphill/downhill)

6 comments:

BethReberFrancis said...

I;m getting nervous and scared. I am going to have to walk fast!

Castiel Moyes said...

I am VERY excited! This is going to be fun! I just looked at the training schedule and am starting tonight. My whole area is hills so I would say that it will be pretty easy for me to train on hills but everyone else is in better shape than I am (hopefully not by the time of the race)so I am not sure what leg to pick. So I guess I will wait to see what everyone else feels comfortable with. I would probably put me somewhere in between easy and hard. I think Alli is planning on running. She probably just hasn't checked the blog lately. I will call her tomorrow.

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Beth Don't be scared....we are going to have a mix of fast and slow.....so shoot for walking at about a 12 minute mile. we'll make up the rest. Remember that this is for FUN! It doesn't matter. You are awesome for doing it with us!

Jessie...i am glad you are going to be training hills. if you can run a 10 minute average mile overall (hills included) you should be able to share some of th VERY Hard legs of the race. Thanks heavens they are usually a lot shorter. You're awesome. can't wait to see you again!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Oh...I would like to have one of the legs with 16-18 miles since I am trying to train for a marathon....oh Jessie...I think I am going to run the Saint george in october now...instead of the Ogden in May...so you and Sam could run it with me!!!!

Hatchgirls1 said...

I'll take a long and hard leg. I like hills and I really want to push myself. I'll run st. george in oct. too!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Really? Oh I would be SOOOO excited if you would run the St george with me!!! I want to try and run it pretty fast (4 hours-41/2 hours) So I want a long leg in the relay too! Ok...if you run the marathon with me I'll kick my butt into gear and get more motivated! LOVE YA!

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race