I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Saturday, September 15, 2007

five miles

Well after taking a week off to try and heal my leg and toe I went running tonight and I felt pretty good. I had lofty dreams of going ten miles tonight but by the time I got to five I decided not to push it harder than I should and I needed to get to bed because have to sing in church in the morning. But I did post my runs to my blog finally and I am a little embarrased because I run SO slow. I had no idea! My shadow seems like I run a lot faster than that! I still run with a slight limp I can tell but I found a store that I think I can go in and get some help. It is New Balance and I am a little weary that they are going to pimp their shoes on my but they said that they could help me figure out what might be wrong. Anyway I am going to try and go in this week. I felt pretty good tonight though and my leg didn't hurt too bad. I do have a bunch of ibuprofen in me and I am going to take some more before I go to bed and hopefully that will keep the pain to a minimum but we will see. I am feeling a little down because I feel so behind but I don't know what else to do. I feel like I am doing my best and I am going to keep pushing forward and we will see where it takes me. I honestly don't know if I can catch up to where I need to be. I haven't done a long run since the six miler and that was quite a while ago. I couldn't even completely run the five miles. towards the end as I would reach a uphill I had to just walk. As long as I was going flat or downhill I was in pretty good shape but as soon as I hit those hills it was all over. I am trying though!

1 comment:

Alli said...

you're doing awesome jess, and going uphill? you have me beat... i go around and around on a completely flat track.

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race