I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Still Here.....and still running

Ok So I know I didn't go running at all while I was in California but that doesn't mean I am not still running! If you take into account how my vacation went I don't think many others would have run either. Let's see........started period, got severely sick with massive diarrhea and stomach cramps, baby got severely sick with diarrhea, Maddy puked in middle of night, consequently didn't sleep at night for seriously like the whole week (for various reasons: all in same room, sick, beeping fire alarm, etc.) and didn't take a nap ever either! SO this is for you Beck. I went running last night and I ran two miles, AND I went around my neighborhood because by the time I got out there it was too dark to go to the track. My neighborhood is NOT flat so I was running up and down hills the whole time, that is pretty good I think. I know that is not where we are supposed to be with the training, but I am trying and I haven't totally given up on the whole thing. I am going to do the best I can with where I am at right now and we will see. Anyway I am still bumbed that I am the only one that can't join your challanges and stuff and it doesn't make it as much fun for me that you are all doing something else entirely and now it is all over the blog and I can't even join in BUT I will continue to run and see what happens. Love you guys and keep up the good work. I am SOO impressed with you all.

3 comments:

Hatchgirls1 said...

Hey Jess! You make it sound like my house was HELL!!! ok - 7 kids is hell without all the extra stuff! Anyway! I'm sooo proud of you for running! Did you read the week 1 chapter in our book? It is really inspiring! I just looked on ebay for a nano for you - there are some great deals! If you get a nano, I'll buy you the nike thing! Seriously - it really helps to motivate! Love you!

Alli said...

we are all back together! you got started quick after california. after sam left MY house, i didn't run for like 1 1/2 weeks. you've got me beat

Castiel Moyes said...

Your house was NOT hell I totally had fun it just wasn't the most relaxing vacation for ANY of us! But I seriously had a great time. I tried to talk to Dustin about the Nike thing and he felt really bad telling me he thought we couldn't afford to buy a nano and the nike thing but he is totally right! I am fine without it and I don't want to you guys to not do the challanges and stuff! It is way cool and I am just jealous that I don't have one. Hopefully in a couple of months after we pay off the 1000 dollar hospital bill, the 300 car repair, the 300+ Maddy's contacts bill, and get through starting school, I will be able to squeeze something into our budget! I hate money, unless I can get more of it. haha

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race