I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Monday, July 2, 2007

Hi all you marathoners out there. I finally went running again today for the first time in a couple of weeks as my right knee and right ankle were healing. It wasn't by any stretch of the imagination what someone would call "successful" BUT I was able to run a little bit. The ironic thing is that my right leg feels fine but it was my left knee that was bugging me this time. WHAT IS UP?!?!?!?! My left knee kept like hyper-extending or somthing when I would run normally and put pressure on it. So I was running with a little limp and subconsciuosly not putting all my wieght on that side. It felt good to run again though and I am anxious to see what the rest of this week brings. I feel like it is only a matter of time before something else hurts too bad to keep running but who knows maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. Anyway I wanted to let you ladies all know that I am seriously proud of you. Even if I don't end up running the marathon with you because of unjuries or pregnancies I want you to know how much I support everyone in this. If I am not running next you all crossing the finish line I will be on the other side waiting for you. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Alli said...

jess, even if you say you "can't" run this marathon, we will still be doing it together, even if we all walk... we are doing this together, and it doesn't matter how long the 26 miles takes us. I'm not just doing this for myself, i'm doing this to be with my sisters. I love you!

Hatchgirls1 said...

Me too, Jess - what Alli said. And seriously - how come every time I read anything you write I cry. I know - it's cause I love you SOOOOOO much!!!

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race