I'm hoping this blog helps us not only support one another in our crazy attempts to defy the aging process, but serves as a way to really connect with each other. We are all in so many different places; both literally and figuratively. My hope is that those things become irrelevant as we discuss our hopes, dreams, set backs and progresses not just with our training, but with life, husbands (both x and future), boyfriends, children, school and work. We are a wonderful, powerful group of women and we need each other. At least I know I need all of you. Just think of all we can accomplish together! I'm so excited!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hitting the pavement




Well D-day is fast approaching. I feel that I have given my foot and ankle sufficient time to heal themselves (I am hoping) and tommorrow I start hitting the pavement again with my running shoes in toe. I added the picture of the pavement at the top to add some drama to my post. If anyone wants to change it back or change it completely feel free. I have to say that I think I am feeling more apprehensive about this run than any other time I have run. I really am not sure how tommorrow is going to go. I was making progress that I was really excited about and now after having to stop running or doing basically anything for almost two weeks, I am not sure what my body is going to be capable of doing. I am hoping that I can jump back into my run ten minutes walk five x2. It doesn't help that I still haven't received my book either. It has been almost three weeks and I am giving it till Monday. If I don't get it by then I will just have to go out and buy it at a book store. Anyway I am trying to stay positive and I will blog tommorrow after my run if I am alive.

No comments:

Slow and Steady FINISHES the Race